I'm going to do my best to list below as many of the resources as possible that I've read, watched or listened to in my research and quest for answers (some of the resources I read in entirety and others I mainly just referenced for specific questions). I'm also including videos, debates, blogs, podcasts and websites I've used. This is not an exhaustive list and I'm continuing to read and do research so the list will continually expand, but this is where I started. I'm writing this blog because I've had requests for a list of helpful resources. I figured I would make it available here. I will be listing the resources I've used on both sides of the argument.
I would also like to make the disclaimer that, though I have become an atheist, I do not agree with every argument made on that side of the debate. My stance is that I no longer believe in the existence of a deity based on the evidence presented or the lack thereof. Any other claims about morality, historical existence of Jesus, etc are side matters. I don't share the same opinions as some of the others I will list.
Evil Resources (hehe jk...Atheist/Agnostic)
- Bart Ehrman
- Sam Harris
- The Thinking Atheist (radio podcast, website and blog) by Seth Andrews
The Thinking Atheist on Facebook
Seth Andrews grew up fundamentalist Christian as the son of 2 theologian level parents. He was a believer into his late 30's when he looked into his Christian beliefs and became an atheist. He offers community and encouragement to atheists all over the world.
- The Atheist Experience with Matt Dillahunty and others (TV Show with debates and discussions about atheism and related topics)
Matt Dillahunty is a phenomenal debater and very knowledgeable about Christianity, specifically, as he was a fundamentalist Christian for 20 years and sought to be a minister. His studies into his faith led him to atheism.
- The Ra-Men Podcast with Aron Ra - Education. Realization. Motivation.
"The Ra Men Podcast is a joint venture between Aron Ra, science educator, debater, public speaker and the Texas state director of American Atheists, and Mark Nebo, the founder of Be Secular.
- Dogma Debate with David Smalley:"fast-paced talk radio show that averages 145,000 listeners per month, and topped over 2.4 million podcast downloads. The topics range from politics and religion to science and comedy, but it's a favorite among people of all ages and backgrounds."
- YouTube (hope you're ready for this...)
- Seth Andrews: The Ultimate Question (TheThinkingAtheist)
- JT Eberhard on the Consequences of Unreason at Reason in the Rock 2012 (Arkansas Freethinkers)
- Was the New Testament Forged? Darrell Bock vs. Bart D. Ehrman (ThomisticTheist)
- The God Debate II: Harris vs. Craig (University of Notre Dame)
- Bart Ehrman vs Craig Evans Whole Debate on "Does the New Testament misquote Jesus?" (TalalRafiChannel)
- Is The Original New Testament Lost? :: A Dialogue with Dr. Bart Ehrman & Daniel Wallace (Ehrman Project)
- Debate - William Lane Craig vs Christopher Hitchens - Does God Exist? (KYLYKaHYT)
- Slavery in the Bible (43alley)
- Slavery in the Bible part 2 (Wordoffakes)
- Best of Sam Harris Amazing Arguments and Clever Comebacks Part 1 (Agatan Fnd)
- Best of Sam Harris Amazing Arguments and Clever Comebacks Part Two (Agatan Fnd)
- Why Didn't Anybody Tell Me? (philhellenes)
- Through These Godless Eyes (philhellenes)
- Who Would Start a Religion (philhellenes)
- Sam Harris on Joel Osteen (Paul Harrison)
- 10/7/2014 Sam Harris and Greg Epstein (Humanist Community at Harvard)
- Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham (Answers in Genesis)
- Christmas Behind the Curtain (TheThinkingAtheist)
- Seth Andrews (The Thinking Atheist) at Reason in the Rock 2012 (Arkansas Freethinkers)
- Jerry DeWitt on Hope after Faith at Reason in the Rock 2012 (Arkansas Freethinkers)
- Religion Reverses Everything (AronRa)
- Hitchens vs God (god loses by the way) (Ultra Noctem)
- An Atheist Reads The Case for Christ: Introduction (Steve Shives)
- My first and greatest Christian resource is 27 years of living as a Christian, 20 years of reading, studying and memorizing the Bible, and 7 years of studying apologetics and theology (sporadically and on my own with books and sermons in person and online).
- The Bible
- Evidence For Christianity by Josh McDowell
- A Ready Defense: The Best of Josh McDowell - compiled by Bill Wilson
- Defending Inerrancy: Affirming the Accuracy of Scripture for a New Generation
- The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel
- The Bible Jesus Read by Philip Yancey
- Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Dr. Paul Brand
- The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
- Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Jesus, Canon and Theology (exposedatheists)
- The Biblical View of Women - Kyle Butt (Biblical Truth)
- Documentary. Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. Ben Stein. (JesusLost Children777)
- Are there contradicitons in the Bible? (DESERT SPRINGS CHURCH)
- Part One The Case For Christ (1ApologeticResponse)
- Part Two The Case For Christ (1ApologeticResponse)
- Ravi Zacharias - Uppsala University Open Forum Mar 14,2015 (TheChristianPreacher)
- Dr. Ravi Zacharias at Oklahoma Christian University (OklahomaChristian)
- The Truth of Christianity Ravi Zacharias (Lacke Easdce)
- Apologetics Press
- Bible Gateway
- Answers in Genesis
- Christ Community Chapel
- New Community Church
- Reasonable Faith
- "Reasonable Faith is a conversational program dealing with the most important apologetic questions of our day."
- Books and Bible studies throughout my whole life (I couldn't possibly list them all here)